Now Booking! – Moving Pictures Cinema – K Comedy nights at Mercato Metropolitano
Peter Francis is constantly pushing the comedy boundaries was awarded the BECA award for ‘Most Original Material’. He covers subjects from relationships to politics and social behaviour both home and abroad. He has a cheeky wit and charm with the ladies and gives the guys side ripping lines to take home.
Peter Francis appeared on Channel 4’s ‘So You Think You’re Funny?’, was a finalist in the Wilkinson Sword ‘Cutting Edge of Comedy and was awarded the BECA award for ‘Best Newcomer’. Now appears in a film called Lovers Rock Story and Dog City
- “Birdman is the all-round package; witty, controversial, hip, topical and silly. A master of timing and physical comedy, he made me laugh so hard it hurt” – BBC
- “Wonderful” – The Scotsman
- “Energetic, engaging… thought-provoking and funny” – The Stage
- “Probably the most absorbing show I’ve seen. Completely spell-binding” – Chortle
- “Delightfully comic… topical, controversial and personal” – The List
- “Absorbing, intelligent and funny” – Metro
TV & Radio
He’s also a radio regular having appeared on BBC Radio 4, BBC Radio 5Live, BBC Radio Wales & has made numerous appearances on Comedy Central’s ‘Live at the Comedy Store’.
- Amused Moose Best Show @ Edinburgh Festival Nominee 2015
- NZ Comedy Guild Nominee – Best International Act 2014
- Time Out London – Top Ten Comedians 2013
- Netflix Special – Live from Amsterdam
- Father – 2004 and so on
In 2015 John won “Outstanding Achievement in British Comedy”
- Credits include: The Stand Up Show (BBC1)
- Never Mind The Buzzcocks (BBC2)
- They Think It’s All Over (BBC1)
- Not A Lot Of People Know That (BBC1)
- Call My Bluff (BBC1)
- Noel’s Telly Years (BBC1)
- That’s Showbusiness (BBC1)
- Pebble Mill (BBC1)
- Grumpy Old Men (BBC2)
- Best of Edinburgh Festival (BBC2)
- Good News Week (ABC)
- Spicks and Specks (ABC)
- Just For Laughs (CBC)
- Just For Laughs Roadshow (CBC)
- The World Stands Up (Channel Nine Australia)
- The Comedy Store (Dave).
..The comedy scene would be a poorer place without him.
“One of the best things about watching live comedy is seeing a comedian get his second wind of inspiration. Sometimes an established comic suddenly finds something extra, and one of these comics is John Moloney. He’s been a headliner at top clubs like the Comedy Store for years – yet his comedy has acquired more depth, as well as an even sharper edge.” William Cook – The Guardian.
He appeared in Brown Eyed Boy’s LAUGHTER SHOCK sketch show pilot for BBC3. He also appeared in Jongleurs Live TV series.
‘Jason Patterson absolutely sounds the part. He’s got a rich, deep voice that oozes confidence, and a perfectly measured delivery that gives him instant authority ‘ Chortle
*(All acts are subject to change)